The Yukon Government's Department of Tourism and Culture (Tourism Yukon) is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals who visit our website.
In addition to this Privacy Statement, Yukon Government's Department of Tourism and Culture (Tourism Yukon) is bound by the law which in the Yukon is the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Revised Statues of Yukon, 2002, Chapter 1.
What is "personal information"?
The Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Revised Statues of Yukon, 2002, Chapter 1 defines personal information as;
“personal information” means recorded information about an identifiable individual, including;
- the individual’s name, address, or telephone number,
- the individual’s race, national or ethnic origin, colour, or religious or political beliefs or associations,
- the individual’s age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or family status,
- an identifying number, symbol, or other particular assigned to the individual,
- the individual’s fingerprints, blood type, or inheritable characteristics,
- information about the individual’s health care history, including a physical or mental disability,
- information about the individual’s educational, financial, criminal, or employment history,
- anyone else’s opinions about the individual, and,
- the individual’s personal views or opinions, except if they are about someone else
How will we collect personal information?
You are under no obligation to disclose any personal information to us at any time. However, if you wish to take advantage of certain website features, such as the free Vacation Planner or Feedback option, we will ask you to fill out a form. In the process you may be asked to enter your name, address, country, postal code or zip code, phone, fax and email.
If you choose to participate, you will also have the option of providing additional information regarding your travel and vacation preferences and other demographic information. Some features of the website require some personal information to work – for example, if you wish to receive official destination updates from Department of Tourism and Culture, then we will need your mailing and email information.
The information you choose to give us will enable us to provide you with information, assistance and services personalized to your travel and vacation preferences, and to better tailor our website and marketing initiatives to the individuals who use the site.
How do we use and disclose personal information?
If you choose to provide us with any personal information, we will keep that information stored securely on our system and will only use it in accordance with the law. Any personal information that you give us will only be used for the purpose of sending you tourism publications, notices and promotions; invitations to participate in tourism research, questionnaires and to respond to your comments or inquiries. Except for the foregoing, you will not be on any mailing lists.
From time to time we may use your personal information to create aggregate summaries of general demographic information for statistical and research purposes. We may share such summaries with providers and potential providers of tourism services in the Yukon. However, summaries will never include any personal information that could be used to identify you.
Cookies and advertising
- Travel Yukon reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove, edit, or otherwise modify any content that does not adhere to this Policy and the Social Media Platforms respective Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- Please respect other users. This means that any comments or other materials you submit must not be inappropriate, abusive or otherwise offensive, and must not contain, depict or involve (without limitation) any of the following: profanity or otherwise offensive language; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; content that endorses or condones any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity or violent behaviour; comments that threaten or defame any person or organization; any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the community manager of the official Travel Yukon Social Media Platforms in its sole discretion. Please note that offensive users will be blocked from official Travel Yukon Social Media Platforms.
- Any materials that are deemed to contain solicitations, endorsements, advertisements, “spam” or junk mail content, multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user and repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users or references to other websites will be removed by the community manager of the official Travel Yukon Social Media Platforms at its sole discretion.
- The views expressed on the Travel Yukon Social Media Platforms do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Travel Yukon, its management or employees, or the Yukon Government. Travel Yukon is not responsible for, and disclaims any liability in relation to, the comments/materials posted by contributors to the official Travel Yukon Social Media platforms.
- Travel Yukon respects intellectual property laws. By posting and/or submitting material to official Travel Yukon Social Media Platforms, you represent that you have the right to share the material in your submitted content, including (without limitation) trade-marks and copyrighted material. Do not post or submit any third party materials unless you have first obtained consent from the owner of such materials.
- In addition to the rights that you grant to Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter and YouTube you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) hereby: grant to Travel Yukon, its affiliates and partners, in perpetuity, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use your submitted content (in all official Travel Yukon Social Media platforms); and (ii) waive all moral rights in and to your submitted content in favour of Travel Yukon. The official Travel Yukon Social Media Platforms will credit you as the author/source of the content by referring to your Social Media Platform handle or identifier.
- By using the hashtags #ExploreYukon and #ComeToMyYukon, you agree to allow Travel Yukon to share your content within the official Travel Yukon Social Media platforms; this may include the compilation of content, cropping, editing or otherwise altering the content without distortion of the initial spirit of the content as well as addition of descriptive and marketing information related to the content. Travel Yukon will credit you as the author/source of the content by referring to your Social Media Platform handle or identifier.
- Please remember that the official Travel Yukon Social Media Platforms are public. For your own safety, please do not post or submit any personal information about yourself or third parties (e.g. addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses).
What if I want you to stop sending me stuff?
You may, at any time, tell us to stop using or retaining your personal information. We will immediately honour your instructions.
What if I have any questions about this Privacy Statement?
If you have any questions please contact;
What if you change this Privacy Statement?
We will use personal information in accordance with the Privacy Statement in effect at the time information was collected. If we decide to change our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on our home page so that you can view it. If at some point we would like to start using your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will first obtain your approval by e-mail.