Here at Tourism Yukon we care deeply about the wellbeing of our tourism industry, partners and visitors. While we don’t know what the future holds, we do know that now is a time to stay connected.
During these unprecedented times, social media is one of the best ways to do that, all while staying safe and protecting our communities. While we can’t say anything to put your stress at ease right now, we do want to offer a little chance to join together in a bit of fun.
While it is not possible to explore the Yukon at this time, Tourism Yukon looks forward to welcoming visitors back to the Yukon when it is once again safe to travel. And, we know you are too!
That’s why we invite you, our awesome tourism industry, to collaborate with us on a short video montage to show our audience that we care and to help keep them inspired to #ExploreYukonLater. Help us create this fun, light-hearted piece to show our future visitors that we’re here and waiting for them to visit us when it’s once again safe to travel.
To do this, we need you to get behind a camera (or preferably in front if you’re not too shy!) and create a very short video clip we can use. We want to show our audience what you can offer them, once it’s appropriate to travel again.
Once it’s all put together, we hope the video will invite viewers to become “armchair travellers” and get a taste of what our amazing Yukon operators have to offer. The video will be shared on our Travel Yukon social media channels.
How to participate
To get involved, we need you to send us a short video of your tourism offering, whether that’s your facilities, activities or products. You can also just send us a video of you doing something you love in the Yukon.
But, don’t worry! The video is meant to feel authentic, with a user-generated content style, so there is no need to get fancy here.
Here’s a great example of what we’re looking for from Dennis at Dennis Shorty Arts.
How to send us your video
- Upload your video here.
- Please include your name, email, and business name
- If the upload link above does not work for you, please send your clip using a file transfer program (ex. DropBox, Google Drive or WeTransfer) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Videos should be no longer than 10 seconds
- Format must be .mp4 or .mov
Remember, we just need an unedited video clip from you. We’ll do the heavy lifting for you to edit all the video clips we receive together.
Deadline Extended to April 15
Thanks so everyone who's sent in your clip so far! We've extended the deadline to April 15, 2020.
We can’t wait to see what you share with us! And don’t forget, for this project, we’re real believers in keeping it simple. No need for hair and makeup for this one.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
How to make your video clip
Here’s where you can get creative and have some fun with it:
- Here’s a great example of what we’re looking for from Dennis at Dennis Shorty Arts.
- Shoot on any device, but a cell phone is more than enough
- If you’re shooting on a cell phone, make sure to turn your camera sideways to shoot in landscape (horizontal) mode.
- Keep it short
- 10 seconds maximum, please and thanks
- No speaking or sound
- Hold a sign up! Write “#ExploreYukonLater” or “We miss you and can’t wait to see you when it’s safe to do so”.
- Whatever you want to say but keep it positive and welcoming.
- Give us a wave, do a little dance, jump in the air like you just don’t care (you get the idea)
- Show off your awesome tourism product, experience or venue at the same time:
- If dogsledding is your thing, consider shooting your clip from the back of a dogsled on a sunny day.
- Owner of a lodge? Show us around while you wave hello.
- Restaurant or brewery? We want to see your awesome Yukon fare!
- Are you an artist? Show us where you get creative.
- Work in a museum? What’s your favorite exhibit?
- We’ll include your business name in text overlay on your clip so viewers know where they can find out more.
- Remember, the intention is to inspire people, not to sell your product.
Now for some real talk.
- Video must reflect current COVID-19 safety measures:
- No crowds
- Only one person in a shot at once
- Only work with those in your family unit to create this video (or have you heard of a selfie stick?)
- Any video deemed non-compliant with COVID-19 safety measures, will not be included.
- We want this to be a positive and fun video, so keep it clean folks:
- No swearing, be polite, and please put your pants on.
Don’t be shy! Get creative to showcase the best of your business, and the best of our spectacular Yukon landscape. Our online community wants to see our territory’s welcoming and caring humans, but they also want to be inspired to travel to the Yukon when it’s safe again to do so.