We understand there are a lot of questions surrounding travel at this time. If you have a question about travelling to the Yukon, we’ve provided some FAQs to make finding answers easier.

Check out our COVID-19 related FAQ below:

Do I need to wear a mask?

As of December 1, 2020, you must wear a mask in all indoor public spaces in Yukon, and practice the Safe 6 guidelines.

If you are sick, please self-isolate and seek medical advice or call 811.


How many past and current COVID cases are there in the Yukon?

COVID test cases are updated frequently on Yukon.ca/covid-19 including: total people tested, confirmed cases, recovered cases, negative results and pending results. On this page you will also find all other COVID-19 related resources, guidelines and recommendations so you’ve got the information you need.


Up until recently, residents of BC, NWT and NU could visit the Yukon without having to self-isolate. Why is it no longer the case?

Due to a surge in COVID-19 cases in Canada, the Yukon Chief Medical Officer of Health has made the recommendation to end the B.C.-territory mobility bubble on November 20. This also applies to NWT and Nunavut.


Can anyone that is a resident of Canada visit the Yukon?

Yes, all residents of Canada can travel into the Yukon. However, please note: Everyone entering the Yukon must self-isolate for 14 days upon arriving, including residents of BC, NWT and Nunavut. See Border restrictions during COVID-19 for details.


How big is the Yukon and how many people live there?

The estimated population of Yukon on December 31, 2019 was 41,761.

The geographic size of the Yukon is 482,443 km². That means a population density of about 0.1/km2.


Where is there cell service throughout the Yukon?

The Yukon has cellular/mobile phone coverage in all Yukon communities, and smartphone coverage in Whitehorse and some communities. However, coverage does not extend along Yukon highways or into wilderness areas, so be prepared for a few hours with no cellphone signal when driving between communities.

Bell Mobility provides High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+) and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) cellular/mobile service in 17 Yukon communities. It also maintains roaming agreements with other major HSPA or CDMA providers in Canada and the U.S., including Telus. This allows for seamless use of Bell Mobility services across most of North America. Telus customers will have similar access to Bell subscribers through the Telus and Bell roaming agreement.


Even though we update our website frequently, we strongly recommend that you check yukon.ca/covid-19 for the most current COVID-19 related travel information.


If you want to connect with someone from our team, please contact us at:

  • email: vacation@gov.yk.ca
  • text: 1-866-677-6804
  • call: Yukon Visitor Information Centre toll-free number: 1-800-661-0494

To get non-medical COVID-19 information, phone 1-877-374-0425 from 7:30am to 8pm.