- Often used as a base for travellers driving the Dempster Highway or hiking into Tombstone Territorial Park.
- A short trail connects to the Tombstone Interpretive Centre. The centre is open 7 days a week from late May to mid-September. It offers free interpretive walks, talks and special events. The schedule is posted on site and on the park's Facebook page.
- Several trails begin at or near the campground.
- A 1 km, wheelchair-accessible interpretive trail leads from the centre to a beaver pond.
- A short interpreted loop from through the tundra.
- A trail along the North Klondike River (Tr'ondëk).
- Grab the park brochure or view hike and camp in Tombstone Territorial Park for maps and more information on these and other day-hikes and routes.
- The gate will remain open after service to this campground ends. Register your stay (payment not required). Bring your own wood and toilet paper. Pack out garbage.
- Plan to arrive early as it usually fills up.