Available between: —
This day-hiking trip will combine easy to moderate hiking with plenty of time for taking pictures and taking in the fall colors. This week-long trip brings us up north into the alpine tundra of central Yukon close to the Arctic Circle and finishes off with a visit to the historic gold rush town of Dawson City.
Off the beaten track, your guide will lead you on mountain hikes where you will enjoy great vistas with good chances to see wildlife. Our base camp will be at the Tombstone campground, in the heart of Tombstone Territorial Park. Hiking destinations will be chosen according to the weather and the hiking experience of the group.
We will have ample opportunity to observe nature, take pictures and enjoy the spectacular scenery of the rouged mountains of the Patagonia of the north. The nights will be spent under a dark sky with great opportunities to capture millions of starts and hopefully also the northern lights. At the end of the trip, we let the gold fever grab us in the stunning historic town of Dawson City.
Things to know
Camping is the only option if you want to stay in Tombstone Territorial Park. Nearest community is Dawson City, about 110km away. The granite mountains of the Tombstone range guarantee spectacular vistas. Good timing for the fall colors, the hills will likely be painted in red and yellow! It is possible to see northern lights. Changes in the itinerary due to weather and trail conditions are a possibility. You will be required to sign a release of liability and waiver of claims prior to the trip.
Hiking in Tombstone Territorial Park with Taiga Journeys:
- Experienced local guide.
- Backcountry hiking in one of the last true wilderness areas left on the planet.
- Undisturbed nature, solitude.
- Easy access to the arctic tundra and mountain vistas.
- Observation of wildlife with nature interpretation
- Study of plants and their adaptation to the environment.
- Great photo opportunities.
- Great outdoor experience and enjoyment.
- Fresh home cooked meals.
- Guide trained in wilderness first aid
The fine print
- All transportation described in this itinerary
- Hotel in Whitehorse and Dawson City
- Accommodation in Tombstone Campground
- All meals during the camping trip
- Professional guide services for the duration of the trip
- All group equipment for camping and the hiking trips
- Tents and cooking gear
- Park fees and admissions
- Trip cancellation, travel and medical insurance
- Meals in Whitehorse, Dawson and on the road
- Additional cost for single accommodation
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad (can be rented)
- Items of personal nature and souvenirs
We offer services in English and German
|Regions: Klondike, Whitehorse Region||Communities: Whitehorse|
|Categories: Cultural Centres, Northern Lights Viewing, Travel Agents and Tour Operators, Wilderness Parks, Day Trips, Hiking, Historic Sites, Wildlife Viewing|