Let's hit the road
We’ve all been there. You’re out on the open road, and your co-pilot is more interested in the beef jerky than the map. Well, now you can download the Yukon Sights and Sites app. That way, you can keep an expert guide to the Yukon’s roadside sites on hand at all times. And the next time you plan a road trip, you can get insider info on driving routes, figure out the best place to pitch your tent, and discover the Yukon’s most interesting natural and cultural sites. And the best part? You don’t need a network connection to find adventure.
The app is available for free for download:
What you can find
The Yukon Sights and Sites app can help you find roadside sites, whether you're looking to:
- learn more about Yukon's history and culture;
- view wildlife; or
- camp or visit a recreation site.
The app includes more than 200 Government of Yukon sites run by:
- Historic Sites;
- Wildlife Viewing Program;
- Yukon Parks
First Nations in Yukon
Yukon is home to many First Nations with various political, cultural and linguistic backgrounds. These First Nations share deep traditional and spiritual connections to their ancestral lands. As you explore Yukon, demonstrate respect for the sacred land that sustains Indigenous ways of life.
More information is available at:
Terms & Conditions
This information is distributed "as is" and does not represent any expressed or implied warranties. Information may be used on the condition that it's formally understood that neither the government nor its Ministers, employees or agents will be liable for loss or damage of any kind that may result from the use of the information provided in this application or on external sites to which it offers links.
The Government of Yukon is committed to protecting your personal information. The collection, use, disclosure, retention and disposal of information collected from Government of Yukon online resources such as websites and mobile applications is done in accordance with the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Archives Act.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to let you know what personal information may be collected when you use this application.
Collection of Personal Information
The collection of personal information collected from government websites is carried out in accordance with section 29 (c) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes indicated below.
- Contact the Department of Tourism and Culture, Government of Yukon.
- If you choose to email an inquiry or general feedback on the mobile app, your personal information may be used to respond to your email.
- Email and other electronic methods used to communicate with the Government of Yukon are not protected unless clearly stated otherwise. It's therefore recommended not to transmit sensitive personal information by these means.
- Log file
- We collect the information that your device sends when you use our mobile application ("log file").
- The log file contains information such as:
- the Internet Protocol address (IP address) of your computer; and
- the date and time of the request.
For questions and support regarding this product, contact:
Historic Sites Unit
Department of Tourism and Culture
Toll free in Yukon: 1-800-661-0408, extension 5386