Your use of the Travel Yukon Online Listings is subject to terms and conditions. Carefully read all of the following terms and conditions before proceeding. Your use of the Travel Yukon Online Listings indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions and that you intend to be bound by them. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you shall cease using the Travel Yukon Online Listings immediately.
The Travel Yukon Online Listings Program was launched to better meet customers’ vacation planning needs by connecting them to the tourism products they want to experience while visiting the Yukon.
The Travel Yukon Online Listings Program is free of charge.
The department of Tourism and Culture may offer the opportunity to be listed in printed planners and guides. However, these listings will not be automatically uploaded to the Travel Yukon online listings.
The following businesses are eligible to enroll in the Travel Yukon Online Listings Program:
- Tourism businesses in the business of activities, attractions, transportation, accommodation, camping, dining or shopping.
- Non-government organizations featuring tourism products.
- Municipalities and Destination Marketing Organizations wishing to sell their destination.
- Yukon First Nations Governments featuring tourism products (e.g. – advertising of cultural centres).
- Yukon artists, studios, public art, art retail shops and galleries.
In order to be eligible, businesses and organizations must:
- Hold and maintain all applicable insurance, licenses, permits, approvals and statutory authorities issued by any government or government agencies that are necessary to run the business.
- Be based in the Yukon or Atlin, BC.
- Be in good standing with Yukon Corporate Affairs and Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board (if applicable).
- Have a website or web presence that provides information on cancellation and payment policies (if applicable - does not apply to artists, studios and public art).
Businesses that fall within the following categories are eligible:
Categories are subject to change. There is no limit to the number of categories a business can select. However, the department of Tourism and Culture reserves the right to add or delete categories to ensure accuracy.
Activities and Attractions
- Air Service
- Astro Tourism
- ATV/Quad Tours
- Day Trips
- Historic Sites
- Horseback Riding
- Ice Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Museums and Cultural Centres
- Northern Lights Viewing
- Outdoor Equipment Rentals
- Travel Agents & Tour Operators
- Visitor Information
- Wilderness Courses
- Wilderness Parks
- Wildlife Viewing
- Yukon-Made to Order
- Bed & Breakfasts
- Camping & RV parks
- Camper & RV rentals
- Motorcoach & Bus
- Vehicle Rentals
- Art Galleries & Retail Shops
- Public Art
Eligible tourism businesses must email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Business name
- The type of listing categories
Eligible art businesses must email email@example.com with the following information:
- Artist name/business name
- The type of art listing categories
Once approved by the department of Tourism and Culture, businesses will receive an email with login and username information to complete their listing.
Online Listing Requirements
Businesses, artists and organizations enrolled in the Travel Yukon Online Listings Program may submit listings to be displayed on travelyukon.com.
It is the responsibility of the business, artist or organization to ensure that the information contained in their listing is accurate and up-to-date.
The following mandatory Online Listing information must be provided:
- All listings (except artists, studios and public art) must provide a valid link to a business website or web presence which provides additional details about the business, its services, and booking information.
- Contact information including a valid email address and phone number.
- A written description of the services provided by the business.
- A heading image no larger than 1 MB and recommended dimensions of 900 x 900 pixels.
- An address or GPS coordinates for the area of operation.
- Accommodation listings must include rates, number of rooms and available amenities.
- We highly recommend linking to Trip Advisor reviews.
- Businesses, artists and organizations must sell consumable/usable products created in the Yukon in order to qualify for the Yukon-Made to Order category. They must have a website with e-commerce set up and the ability to ship to the rest of Canada.
Online Vacation Package Requirements
Businesses, artists and organizations enrolled in the Travel Yukon Online Listings Program may submit up to seven Vacation Packages to be displayed on travelyukon.com at one time.
Vacation Packages will remain active until their ‘effective to’ date passes. The operator will receive an email advising them to revise their package or it will expire.
In order to be displayed on travelyukon.com, Vacation Packages must:
- Be a tourism product or experience.
- May be a single experience or service (e.g. Canoeing the Yukon River) or a combined/packaged experience (e.g. accommodation, ground travel, meals and dogsledding).
- Occur entirely or predominantly within the Yukon.
- Be available for booking - if a Vacation Package is sold out or cancelled, the business owner is responsible for unpublishing the Vacation Package.
- Have a published Online Listing to accompany the Vacation Package.
The following mandatory Vacation Package information must be provided:
- A descriptive title.
- A specific price (or price range).
- Link to a page on a website that provides additional details about the Vacation Package, including booking information - it should not link to the home page or other general pages.
- Valid dates.
- Region(s) where the experience will take place.
- A heading image no larger than 1 MB and recommended dimensions of 900 x 900 pixels.
Content Review Process
- All submitted Online Listings and Vacation Packages will be reviewed and approved by the department of Tourism and Culture before being displayed. They can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
- The department of Tourism and Culture will review submitted content within 5 business days. Department staff are not available to review submitted content on weekends and statutory holidays.
- Content may be rejected if it does not contain mandatory information or images, or if it contains misleading information, inappropriate copy or images.
- Businesses, artists and organizations will be notified by email if there are any issues with the content they have submitted.
Cause for Removal
Online Listings and Vacation Packages may be rejected or removed if:
- The content does not contain mandatory copy, images or information.
- The content contains outdated, misleading information, inappropriate copy or images.
- The business, artist or organization is no longer in operation.
- The business, artist or organization no longer has a website or web presence.
- The business, artist or organization does not maintain all applicable insurance, licenses, permits, approvals and statutory authorities issued by any government or government agency that are necessary to run the business.
- The business or organization is not in good standing with Yukon Corporate Affairs and Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board (if applicable).
If you disagree with a decision made by the department of Tourism & Culture to reject your Online Listing or Vacation Package please email firstname.lastname@example.org for business listings and email@example.com for arts listings.
- By uploading content including photos and videos, you warrant that the content shall be free and clear of any claim, right or encumbrance that would limit or restrict the use of the content on the Travel Yukon Website.
- Content uploaded to the Travel Yukon website shall not violate any copyright, trademark, moral right, right of privacy or right of publicity, or infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property rights of any third party.
- By uploading art listing content including photos of artwork, in exchange for fair value of promotion which is deemed to be exchanged in full, you grant Tourism and Culture the non-exclusive license to reproduce, resize, crop, otherwise digitally manipulate and publish the content provided in the Art Adventures on Yukon Time printed guide. You warrant that you retain all rights to the images and have the authority to grant this use, as described herein, without risk and will hold harmless Tourism and Culture should any claims arise out of the use of the submitted images. Submission of images and content and granting this release in no way binds Tourism and Culture to use the images in the Art Adventures on Yukon Time printed guide.
- The department of Tourism and Culture cannot guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of Online Listings and Vacation Packages provided and assumes no obligation to verify the content or information.
- Access is provided on an "as is" basis. You should not assume that your use of the Travel Yukon Online Listing Program will be error free or that the online service will operate without interruption or error.
- You agree to promptly notify the department of Tourism and Culture immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account and to take such reasonable steps as are necessary to prevent any reoccurrence of such event.
- Although the department of Tourism and Culture takes all reasonable measures to maintain the security of the Online Listings and Vacation Packages, the department of Tourism and Culture will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of transmitting confidential information through the Internet, or implicitly or explicitly authorizing the department of Tourism and Culture or others to send confidential information to you in this manner.