Terms and conditions
Travel Yukon Online Listings Terms and Conditions
Your use of the Travel Yukon Online Listings indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions and that you intend to be bound by them. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you will not start the process of creating a listing, and/or shall cease using the Travel Yukon Online Listings immediately.
The Travel Yukon Online Listings Program is free of charge.
The department of Tourism and Culture may offer the opportunity to be listed in printed planners and guides. However, these listings will not be automatically uploaded to the Travel Yukon online listings and will require your permission and some information from you.
The following businesses are eligible to enroll in the Travel Yukon Online Listings Program:
Tourism businesses in the business of activities, attractions, transportation, accommodation, camping, dining or shopping.
Non-government organizations featuring tourism products and experiences.
Municipalities and Destination Marketing Organizations wishing to sell their destination.
Yukon First Nations Governments featuring tourism products and experiences (e.g. – advertising of cultural centres).
Yukon artists, studios, public art, art retail shops and galleries.
In order to be eligible, businesses and organizations must:
Hold and maintain all applicable insurance, licenses, permits, approvals and statutory authorities issued by any government or government agencies that are necessary to run the business.
Be based in the Yukon or Atlin, BC.
Be in good standing with Yukon Corporate Affairs and Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board (if applicable).
Hold a valid Wilderness Tourism License (if applicable).
Have a website or web presence that provides information on cancellation and payment policies (if applicable - does not apply to artists, studios and public art).
Businesses that fall within the following categories are eligible:
Categories are subject to change. A business can select up to 3 categories. The department of Tourism and Culture reserves the right to add or delete categories to ensure accuracy. Businesses must tag categories that are a main function of their offerings and are intentionally provided. For example, a company that takes travellers on a 3-day hiking trip through the tombstones should tag Hiking & Camping. Just because they may be able to see wildlife on the way does not mean Wildlife & Wilderness should be tagged. Or, if you own a lodge that has great hiking trails nearby, only tag Hiking if you provide guided tours or facilitate a traveller going hiking (ie. Trail maps, providing bear spray and a satellite phone, facilitating hikes with other guests etc.). If you have any questions about categories and tagging, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activities and Attractions:
- Air Service: airlines, private charters, helicopters, pick up/drop off services
- Astro Tourism: experiences that put an emphasis on astronomy and the wonders of the sky, not necessarily focused on northern lights
- Attractions: unique Yukon sites
- Biking: mountain/fat/road bike rentals, guided biking excursions
- Boating: motorized and non-motorized boat rentals, boating tours
- Camping: gear rental, guided camping excursions. Campgrounds should be tagged under Accommodation.
- Cultural Experiences: historical and heritage tours, performing arts, museum exhibitions
- Day Trips: multi-activity excursions that start and end on the same day
- Dining: restaurants, cafes, food trucks, bars and breweries
- Dogsledding; dogsledding tours and lessons
- First Nations Experiences: experiences that demonstrate or share Yukon First Nations history, culture and ways of life
- Flightseeing: aerial tours
- Golfing: golf courses, disc golf courses, gear rental
- Getting around: transportation rental companies and services
- Gear rental: rentals for outdoor activities
- Hiking: guided hiking experiences, accommodations where hiking is catered to and resources are provided
- Horseback Riding: tours, gear rental
- Hunting & fishing: hunting, fishing and ice fishing experiences, gear rental
- Iconic drives: guided or self-drive road trips
- Klondike Gold Rush: experiences that demonstrate or share the stories of the Klondike Gold Rush
- Motorcycling: tours, gear rental
- Natural wonders: northern lights, midnight sun
- Northern Lights Viewing: specifically crafted northern lights excursions and experiences, accommodations where viewing northern lights is catered to and resources are provided
- Paddling: canoeing, kayaking, rafting, and SUP tours, gear rental,
- Shopping: retail stores
- Skiing: tours, gear rental
- Skydiving: excursions
- Snowmobiling: tours, gear rental
- Snowshoeing: tours, gear rental
- Trip planning: travel agents, tour operators, visitor information centers
- Visitor Centres: YG Visitor Information Centres, cultural centres
- Weddings: venues, services, officiants
- Wellness: spas, thermal spas, yoga, specialty diets, therapy, retreats
- Wildlife & wilderness: wilderness parks, guided wildlife viewing experiences, wildlife photography
- Yukon-Made to Order: must sell consumable/usable products created in the Yukon with an ecommerce presence that allows their products to be shipped across Canada
- Bed & Breakfasts
- Cabins & Lodges
- Camping & RV parks
- Hotels & motels
- Vacation rentals
- Camper & RV rentals
- Motorcoach & Bus
- Vehicle Rentals
- Art Galleries & Retail Shops
- Public Art
Online Listing Requirements
Businesses, artists and organizations enrolled in the Travel Yukon Online Listings Program may submit listings to be displayed on travelyukon.com.
It is the responsibility of the business, artist or organization to ensure that the information contained in their listing is accurate and up-to-date.
The following mandatory Online Listing information must be provided:
- All listings (except artists, studios and public art) must provide a valid link to a business website or web presence which provides additional details about the business, its services, and booking information.
- Contact information including a valid email address and phone number.
- A written description of the services provided by the business.
- A clear, up to date cover image with recommended dimensions of 1800 x 1012 px
- Accommodation listings must include rates, number of rooms and available amenities.
- We highly recommend linking your Trip Advisor ID.
Online Vacation Package Requirements
Businesses, artists and organizations enrolled in the Travel Yukon Online Listings Program are able to submit Experience Packages to be displayed on travelyukon.com.
Vacation Packages will remain active until their ‘effective to’ date passes. The operator will receive an email advising them to revise their package or it will expire.
In order to be displayed on travelyukon.com, Experience Packages must:
- Be a tourism product or experience.
- May be a single experience or service (e.g. Canoeing the Yukon River) or a combined/packaged experience (e.g. accommodation, ground travel, meals and dogsledding).
- Occur entirely or predominantly within the Yukon.
- Be available for booking - if a Vacation Package is sold out or cancelled, the business owner is responsible for unpublishing the Vacation Package.
- Have a published Experience Provider Listing to accompany the Experience Package.
The following mandatory Vacation Package information must be provided:
- A descriptive title.
- A specific price (or price range).
- Link to a page on a website that provides additional details about the Vacation Package, including booking information - it should not link to the home page or other general pages.
- Valid dates.
- Region(s) where the experience will take place.
- A clear, up to date image with recommended dimensions of 1800 x 1012 px
Content Review Process
All submitted Online Listings and Vacation Packages will be reviewed and approved by the department of Tourism and Culture before being displayed. They can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
The department of Tourism and Culture will review submitted content within 2 business days. Department staff are not available to review submitted content on weekends and statutory holidays.
Content may be rejected if it does not contain mandatory information or images, or if it contains misleading information, inappropriate copy or images. You will be advised of necessary changes in order to have your content approved and published.
Cause for Removal
- Online Listings and Vacation Packages may be rejected or removed if:
- The content does not contain mandatory copy, images or information.
- The content contains outdated, misleading information, inappropriate copy or images.
- The business, artist or organization is no longer in operation.
- The business, artist or organization no longer has a website or web presence.
- The business, artist or organization does not maintain all applicable insurance, licenses, permits, approvals and statutory authorities issued by any government or government agency that are necessary to run the business.
- The business or organization is not in good standing with Yukon Corporate Affairs and Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board (if applicable).
If you disagree with a decision made by the department of Tourism & Culture to reject your Online Listing or Vacation Package please email email@example.com for business listings and firstname.lastname@example.org for arts listings.
By uploading content including photos and videos, you warrant that the content shall be free and clear of any claim, right or encumbrance that would limit or restrict the use of the content on the Travel Yukon Website.
Content uploaded to the Travel Yukon website shall not violate any copyright, trademark, moral right, right of privacy or right of publicity, or infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property rights of any third party.
By uploading art listing content including photos of artwork, in exchange for fair value of promotion which is deemed to be exchanged in full, you grant Tourism and Culture the non-exclusive license to reproduce, resize, crop, otherwise digitally manipulate and publish the content provided on the Travel Yukon website. You warrant that you retain all rights to the images and have the authority to grant this use, as described herein, without risk and will hold harmless Tourism and Culture should any claims arise out of the use of the submitted images. Submission of images and content and granting this release in no way binds Tourism and Culture to use the images on the Travel Yukon website.
The department of Tourism and Culture cannot guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of Online Listings and Experience Packages provided and assumes no obligation to verify the content or information.
Access is provided on an "as is" basis. You should not assume that your use of the Travel Yukon Online Listing Program will be error free or that the online service will operate without interruption or error.
You agree to promptly notify the department of Tourism and Culture immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account and to take such reasonable steps as are necessary to prevent any reoccurrence of such event.
Although the department of Tourism and Culture takes all reasonable measures to maintain the security of the Online Listings and Experience Packages, the department of Tourism and Culture will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of transmitting confidential information through the Internet, or implicitly or explicitly authorizing the department of Tourism and Culture or others to send confidential information to you in this manner.