As of March 18, 2022, there is no longer a requirement to wear masks and show proof of vaccination to access designated sites.
Wearing masks will still be strongly recommended where it is difficult to physically distance. Businesses and organizations can continue to require masks and proof of vaccination if they choose, but they will no longer be required after March 18, 2022.
Travellers arriving in the Yukon are not required to complete a self-isolation period.
ll travelers 12 years of age plus 4 months and older boarding domestic and international flights and trains need to be fully vaccinated. Complete details here.
Learn more about the current COVID-19 situation in the Yukon.
Know Before You Go
Travellers Entering Canada
The Government of Canada is prioritizing the health and safety of everyone in Canada by taking a risk-based and measured approach to re-opening our borders. Thanks to the hard work of Canadians, rising vaccination rates and declining COVID-19 cases, the Government of Canada is able to move forward with adjusted border measures. All travellers 12 years of age plus 4 months and older boarding domestic and international flights and trains need to be fully-vaccinated, complete details here.
Travellers must be fully vaccinated: a traveller must have received, and show proof of, the full series of a vaccine — or combination of vaccines — accepted by the Government of Canada at least 14 days prior to entering Canada. Currently, those vaccines are manufactured by Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson).
Travellers may be randomly selected for arrival testing. Travellers selected will no longer be required to quarantine while awaiting their test result.
Travellers will now have the option of using a COVID-19 rapid antigen test result (taken the day prior to their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) or a molecular test result (taken no more than 72 hours before their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border or marine port of entry) to meet pre-entry requirements. Taking a rapid antigen test at home is not sufficient to meet the pre-entry requirement – it must be authorized by the country in which it was purchased and must be administered by a laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service.
Children under 12 years old, travelling with fully vaccinated adults, will continue to be exempt from quarantine, without any prescribed conditions limiting their activities. This means, for example, they no longer need to wait 14 days before attending school, camp or daycare.
- Unvaccinated travellers will continue to be required to test on arrival, on Day 8 and quarantine for 14 days. Unvaccinated foreign nationals will not be permitted to enter Canada unless they meet one of the few exemptions.
Travellers must be continue to:
- Be asymptomatic and be admissible under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
PCR tests are available at Hummingbird Mobile Health in downtown Whitehorse. Tests results are available within 24 hours and are internationally recognized. Bookings are required and can be made here. Hummingbird Mobile Health has a physician consultant who signs off on the appropriate paperwork that the other national government require in addition to the test result. They provide this document in addition to a travel certificate (hard copy/email).
Keeping Safety in Mind
- COVID-19 poses a risk to the rural and remote Yukon communities. Travellers are being asked to protect the Yukoners that call these places home by being respectful of health guidelines and travel advisories.
- The Emergency Support Services team can assist you in determining the safest self-isolation plan. Costs associated with self-isolation, including food, accommodation, or having to extend your stay in Yukon will be your responsibility.
Restaurants & Bars
- Restrictions on restaurants, bars and nightclubs: Effective 18 March 2022, there is no longer a requirement to wear a mask or provide proof of vaccination.
Events & Gatherings
All restrictions on gatherings and events have been lifted.